Saturday, January 15, 2005

Camp Lejeune at last. The last time I was here was back in 99', for engineer school. Since it's winter, we don't have to deal with any of the brutal humidity just yet.

In other news, the Corps has made history by actually giving us useful gear for deployment. 3 liter camelbak daypacks, three point slings, sunglasses, and some more goodies slated to head down our way in the next week. I'm completely flabbergasted. Nothing like this has ever happened in the last six years. Welcomed, with open arms, by active duty Marines, then given ace gear.

If you doubt that the apocalypse is nigh, The first horseman just saddled up.

I can't say how long we'll be here for two reasons. #1 is because they told me I can't. #2 is because it makes me sound extremely mysterious & important. "That's right baby, I could tell you when I'm coming back, but I won't. Because it's classified."

Further updates soon. And this time, I say it with certainty.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, the writing begins! It was nice talking to you yesterday- I will keep posted more from this website, it seems. Sounds like it's ok so far (given the circumstances!) Pass that address along as soon as you get it. I might have a "movie" to send you. Your player plays DVDs AND VCR, right? Let's all hope so. You'll be the hit of the party with my gift! And no, I won't be putting it in a cake to hide it! Talk with you soon - we're thinking about you! Kim

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home