Friday, January 21, 2005

Amore: Not just sea creatures

In the evenings, I try and make at least one phone call a night. I figure, hey, I'm in garrison, I can do this shit, right?

Anyway, I was on the phone with Anne the other night, talking mushy (as Marines days from deployment are known to do), when she twisted my arm. You see, she's been reading this webpage and wants me to talk about her, and how great she is. And that got me to thinking: Wouldn't it be nice if I did that for everyone that has made an impact in my life?

Now, in the interest of brevity and keeping people's feelings from being hurt, I'm only putting two types of people down here: The ones I am immediately related to, and the ones I'm making sweet, sweet love to (imaginary or factual). So without further ado, here I go. And no, these aren't listed in any order of importance.

Brennan: The first name that popped into my head, for obvious reasons. When the balloon first went up in 2003, he helped me without any hesitation. Power of attorney, Will, Moving all my junk, Bills, he did it all. Now, he's doing it for a second time. I've thanked him before and will do so again, but I don't think he will ever be able to fathom the gratitude I felt when the lives & finanaces of other Marines were going to hell and I was able to stay focused on the mission at hand. He's one of the only Non-Marines I would trust with my life in a second. He's that good, and I love him (you're going to be reading that a lot) in a way that few people can know.

Dad: It took me a long time to get right with this side of my family. When I finally swallowed my pride and did the right thing, he was the first to give me a hug & welcome me back. Re-entering a (dinner table talk aside) normal family has been a big change from what I was used to, but it's been a good one. Dad, thanks for being there for me. The last two years have been great. I love you.

Andy: For telling everyone I'm a "War Hero" at every opportunity imaginable. You're stranger than year-old meatloaf, but I love you anyway. Take it easy on the ladies, tiger.

Kim: We don't share a drop of blood between the two of us, but that hasn't ever stopped you from treating me like a son. I know I haven't always been the easiest person to get along with, and I appreciate your understanding. Heck, I love you too, ya crazy old battleaxe. But that still isn't an excuse to send that goddamn movie to me. I mean it.

Anne: Ah, the grand finale. I don't know what I could say to you that I haven't said in some capacity already. I spend well over a year away, meet up with you for some dinner, and fall head over heels all over again. I wouldn't have blamed you for a second if you refused to take me seriously. I never thought I would be at a loss for words for describing the way I feel about you, but I think the essence is carried well by saying: "I love you."

Salma Hayek, Milla Jojovich & Allyson Hannigan : I'm sorry what we had couldn't work out, it wasn't you, it was me. I'm still not over a certain Air Force babe, okay? Stop calling me.


A special aside to Lcpl Hart: I'm going to bring a grenade home from theatre & make you eat it.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has to be the nicest thing I've ever read. Thank you for that! I love you too. And- as far as the movie, hmmmmm. Not quite enough for me NOT to send it - nice try! You touched my heart, but I'm still a battle axe! Some things you just have to do. It's tradition.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That has to be the nicest thing I've ever read. Thank you for that! I love you too. And- as far as the movie, hmmmmm. Not quite enough for me NOT to send it - nice try! You touched my heart, but I'm still a battle axe! Some things you just have to do. It's tradition.

9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are incredible...I adore you.
-Anne

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home