Thursday, January 27, 2005

Deep-fried hopes in the grease of reality.

Just returned from a three-day excursion to the field where we learned all about the M249, M240, MK19, and M2. None of that makes any sense to 90% of you, and that's okay. All are different weapon systems that will be employed by us before too long. Somehow, despite a great deal of learning material available, practical application, and even a live-fire excercise, we managed to get almost nothing out of it, thanks to idiot politics between active-duty & reserve Marines.

But the good news is that we probably have a whole extra month to work on those deficiencies, since our earlier flight seems to have been canked for reasons unknown. I figure it's more money in the bank, but it's taking a toll on a lot of the Marines in the company. When it will be sorted out is anyone's guess, but I'm doing what I can to roll with the punches & be happy for what I've got. Namely, good chow, a nice rack, a cellphone, and evenings (generally) to do what I like with.

Speaking of evenings, I'm exhausted, so I think I'm going to go back to my hooch, drink a beer, have a smoke, shower, and go on some rack ops. I could and probably should type out some more, but I'm pretty goddamn frazzled. We're supposed to have this weekend off, so I'll go into a long, drawn out speech sometime then. More gouge soon.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that somebody besides your friends and family is still reading your reports. :)

Luke T.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home