Friday, February 04, 2005

If you're gonna be dumb then you gotta be tough

Ah, Friday at long last. Apologies for the lack of recent updates, but we've been pretty busy this last week, and when I finally stagger on over to the internet center, there is a long line waiting to use it. Sorry kiddos, but Dave's stinky balls take priority. No time to wait in line when you've got swamp crotch.

So what exactly have I been doing with my time? This week I finally got some good trigger time on the golf (my machine gun). In fact, I'm the best machine-gunner in the company, according to the hit totals that I ran up on my targets. This will almost certainly result in word spreading far & wide across Iraq against the legendary Lcpl Doody and his amazing machine gun skills. When rebels or bandits see a convoy I am riding in, they will quiver in terror and make messes in their pants.

Okay, probably not. But it really was a good opportunity to get some serious training in. Now I'm hoping for more of it.

We also practiced some riot control techniques and learned more hand-to-hand. They taught us the knockout judo-chop from the bond flicks. I'm here to tell you that it's no shit. I barely got tapped and it stunned me. I'll demonstrate on Andy shortly after I get home. My family gets some peace & quiet, Andy gets a nap. We all win.

Thursday was a nice hump. I have lots of blisters and raw spots. Just looking at them makes me crave pork rinds and steak.

But by far the best news of the week is that Anne is flying out late tonight, and should be arriving on deck between 10:00 and 12:00. I can't elaborate on all my planned activities with her, since this is a family website, but it'll be nice to talk to her without checking how many service bars I've got on my phone.

With that said, I think I'm going to play some video games now. Then I will drink beer, go to sleep, PT in the morning, and meet up with Anne. A good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home