Friday, May 20, 2005

Alas, there is nothing of interest to report, nor will there be for awhile. I am on a construction mission somewhere. Obviously, since it has internet, it cannot be that bad. But I loathe construction with every fiber of my being. I hate hammering nails, I hate sawing boards, I hate putting roofs together.

Could be worse, right? I know. I am just bitching, as I have a quota to fill. I will try and put in an update soon, but I have no idea what the hell I am going to write about, since every day for the next couple of weeks will be exactly the same. I will think of something.




P.S. If my writing on this post seems wooden, there is a reason. The apostrophe key is broken on this machine. Heh.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds rough compared to the last one.

It looks like Sarah and I are moving to Keizer with Amy. We found this condo for rent on a -private- lake. All I can say is this place is bitching and that you will be over for some BBQ's and beer.

Time keeps chugging along, you'll be done with building shit soon.

Miss ya man, come home safe!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello sir,
I am a friend of your brother Andy. I currently attend WOU (Andy told me you are a grad from here, sweet stuff). He sent me your blog and I just wanted to say how much I appreciate your hard work for our country. Your writing really makes the events come alive, and your humor is hilarious. Much better than any Clancy books I've read! Keep up the good work, and I hope that you get home soon safe and sound! I would love to meet you someday, you seem like a very good man.
Sincerely,
Luke Fritz
LukeFritz@aol.com

1:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave,
It's Memorial Day weekend, and I want to thank you for being a hoss. I'll be drinking to the honor of you and your comrades. Also, a good friend of mine is a Catholic priest (actually, a Benedictine monk), and a former Marine; he'll be hoisting a few pints with me, and saying Mass a mss for you and your boys. I don't know if you're Catholic or not, but hey--it can't hurt to have a fellow Marine with a direct line to the Man Upstairs praying for you. Get home safe--and when you're on the way, if you transit through D/FW, let me know--I'll meet you for a pint or six. Also, I'm taking up a collection to send even more stuff to you--what do you guys need that hasn't been accounted for by previous shipments from others?

Mike (vacuous)

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thought about you all weekend. XOXOXXX.
Your Girl

8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude! Hang in there!

Mark is quoting your blog in a speech to potential USNA candidates! He wants these kids to know what it's really like, not just the evening news!

Thanks, and keep safe!

Kitty

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home